I rarely have an issue with eating the same meal for lunch and supper but sometimes I like a little variety, and other times, on hot days like today, I don’t feel like a hot meal.
This tofu egg salad sandwich is an easy, filling, and tasty lunch substitute on these days, and super quick to make, about 10 minutes total.
- 14oz block of extra firm tofu, pressed and mashed/crumbled
- 2 stalks celery finely chopped
- handful of red onion, finely chopped (I took 3 slices from half an onion and chopped that)
- a couple green onions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegenaise
- 1.5 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (more if you want your salad to be yellow)
- salt, pepper, and dried dill to taste
- Add tofu, celery, and onions to a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix together vegenaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, turmeric, salt, pepper, and dill
- Mix the dressing with the tofu and onions
- Taste. Adjust accordingly.
- Put it on your favourite bread (I used super fresh grainy, seedy whole wheat) and serve up with some baby dills